Monday, July 27, 2015

Dogfish Head: Festina Peche

Greetings, today I bring another Berliner Weisse beer with a twist. Dog fish head labels it a Neo-Berliner Weisse as it varies  from traditional style as it is brewed with peach juice.

Gonna jump right into this one, I picked this up at The Winking Lizard: Lizardville Tavern as a single with a few other summer seasonal and was assuming it would please like other beers from Dog Fish head, alas it did not. First pour it is a pale straw, dare I say cat piss yellow? The head evaporates almost immediately leaving a small ring behind. The aroma is sour, not very peachy as one would assume from the name Peche and the fact that it is brewed with peach juice! First sip is sour, very very sour, and not a good sour, its just a sour with no true flavor, especially not a peach flavor. To me it taste most like one of my homebrews that never got drunk and went bad, just a yeasty sour flavor. It leaves a sour after taste, and to be honest the best part of this beer was running out.

Technical specs of the beer, it has a ABV of 4.5, pretty average and an IBU of 8. I got this as a single bottle, thank god, but according to dogfish head's website it is sold in 4packs and on draft. I paid $2.50 for this, which to me is a fair price for a craft beer, but too much for this one because it just doesn't appeal to my tastes.

The brewery was founded in 1995 and hails from Milton, Delaware and fortunately does make a lot of amazing seasonal brews with colorful labels and cheeky names. In addition to beer, they have a restaurant, and make vodka, rum, and gin as well. While this one is not the best, I would still recommend the brewery as a whole.

 Overall rate this beer a 2/10, would not buy again.








No comments:

Post a Comment